Greetings from a house that is just brimming with excitement here in Malaysia! Grandma and Grandpa are on a plane from the US and will arrive in the next hour. My girls can hardly contain themselves, (and their mom is pretty excited too!)
One of their favorite things to do with their grandparents is, of course, reading books together. At least 5 times today, I overheard Bignificent saying to our little boy (who is one), “Tomorrow, Grandma and Grandpa will be here and they’ll read Hand, Hand, Fingers Thumb and Fireman Small to you over and over.” Ha!!! I gathered that she is just about as weary of reading books over and over again as I am!
Our little guy is in that phase of wanting the same book read to him 20 times in a row, and while it’s adorable, and I (fortunately) happen to love both of these books, it does get a bit tedious after a while. (Those two books are, in fact, my favorite books to have to read over and over again. The above links are Amazon affiliate links in case you have or know a toddler who is also in this phase. Their parents will thank you.)
It’s that time of the week again, when we share the books we’ve been enjoying! As always, I’m also open to any posts about helping others learn to read or improve their reading skills (including adults). Basically, anything literacy-related is fair game. Oh, if you have any recommendations on books that stand up to being read 20 times each sitting, PLEASE let me know in the comments!
And now, it’s time to party!
<div align="center"><a href="http://mommynificent.com/" title="Booknificent Thursdays"><img src="http://mommynificent.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Booknificent-Thursdays.jpg" alt="Booknificent Thursdays" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Please link up any posts you have, past or present, about books, reading, and literacy. This link party is all about sharing how books are impacting you! Joining in is easy; just click “Click here to enter…” next to “You are next” and copy/paste the URL of a blog post (not your homepage). Choose a photo to upload and then click some of the other great posts in the party and meet new bloggers and find out about new books!
Why should you link up to Booknificent Thursdays?
Linking up to parties and leaving comments on other posts is a proven way to increase traffic to your blog and grow your blog’s followers! Here are a few rules and suggestions:
- You can link up as many posts as you want.
- Please grab the Booknificent Thursday button and share it somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, bottom, etc.) and please share about this party with any book-lovers you know.
- I’d also really appreciate it if you’d hop over to my Google+ page (I just hit 100 followers!) or my facebook page and give me a “like” and/or subscribe to receive my blog (just enter your email address up on the sidebar.)
- We do want to keep it family-friendly, so I reserve the right to remove anything I consider offensive.
- And one final rule, please visit AND comment on at least one other linked post if not more.
Happy linking and have a great week!