Hello friends, and welcome to Booknificent Thursday on Mommynificent.com! I’m so glad you’re here.
It’s been a busy week for me with the hubby away in India for the past two weeks! I’m so thankful that my mom lives close enough and is willing to drive down and help me out while he’s away on trips! What a blessing!
Earlier this week, an older couple that mentored my husband and I while we were dating in grad school here in the Dallas area called and asked me to come over and go through some books they are getting rid of. I was thinking a couple of boxes, but when I got over there, they took me through nearly every bookshelf in the house telling me to take whatever I could use as they are paring down and looking toward a move into a much smaller space in a retirement community. What a treasure trove of books I came home with!
This couple served in Papua New Guinea as cultural anthropologists and Bible translators in the 60s through the 80s and have since traveled all over the world training others to be more culturally sensitive and to focus on equipping and motivating people to effectively use the finished translations throughout the translation process. While we were looking through books and visiting, they mentioned that they are in the last phases of writing their autobiography, and I jumped on the chance to offer to give it a read-through and help them with final edits. They are planning to publish it in the next two weeks in time for a huge joint celebration of the 50th anniversary of the translation they worked on, their 60th wedding anniversary, and her 80th birthday! I feel so honored to know these people and call them friends, and reading their book (quickly) this week has been such an encouragement to me! I’ll definitely let you know when it becomes available on Amazon!
Goodness, that was a lot wordier than I usually am in these posts! 🙂 I hope you don’t mind. I’m looking forward to hearing about your weeks and what you’ve been finding to read these days!
And now, it’s time to party! Please link up any posts you have, past or present, about books, reading, and literacy. This link party is all about sharing how books are impacting you! Joining in is easy; just click “Add your link…” and copy/paste the URL of a blog post (not your homepage) and choose a photo. Then make sure to come back to the party and check out some of the other great posts that have been linked up!
Why should you link up to Booknificent Thursdays?
Linking up to parties and leaving comments on other posts is a proven way to increase traffic to your blog and grow your blog’s followers! Here are a few rules and suggestions:
- You can link up as many posts as you want. (I’ll visit all of them, but I may only comment on one or two of them.)
- Please grab the Booknificent Thursday button and share it somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, bottom, etc.) and please share about this party with any book-lovers you know.
- I’d also really appreciate it if you’d hop over to my pinterest, twitter, and/or facebook page and give me a “like” and/or subscribe to receive my blog (just enter your email address up on the sidebar.)
- We do want to keep it family-friendly, so I reserve the right to remove anything I consider offensive.
- And one final rule, please visit AND comment on at least one other linked post if not more.
Happy linking and have a great week!
[inlinkz_linkup id=703607 mode=1]