Happy Thursday, everyone! I hope that you’ve had a good week this week. We’re doing well, plugging away at homeschooling, trying to get as much done as we can so that we can take whatever time off we need to when the baby comes in late February.
I challenged the kids to keep track of how many books they read for fun this year so they are writing their titles in a journal as they finish them. I was a little shocked today when my 10-year old told me she has passed 100 books already! Um, it’s January 15th, honey….
I’m totally impressed. I think I’ve read 4, maybe 5, which isn’t actually too shabby for this point in the year, but talk about being left in the dust!
And, lest you think all she does is read, she is doing a really rigorous school curriculum, plays outside for at least an hour a day, and helps me tons with the little ones and household chores so most of her fun reading time happens during our afternoon quiet time which is about an hour and a half and in the hour after the little ones go to bed before she does. This is one amazed mama!
How about you? Are you keeping track of your reading this year? Have you set any goals for how many books you want to accomplish? How are you doing so far?
<div align="center"><a href="http://mommynificent.com/" title="Booknificent Thursdays"><img src="http://mommynificent.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Booknificent-Thursdays.jpg" alt="Booknificent Thursdays" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
And now, it’s time to party! Please link up any posts you have, past or present, about books, reading, and literacy. This link party is all about sharing how books are impacting you! Joining in is easy; just click “Click here to enter…” next to “You are next” and copy/paste the URL of a blog post (not your homepage). Choose a photo to upload and then click some of the other great posts in the party and meet new bloggers and find out about new books!
Why should you link up to Booknificent Thursdays?
Linking up to parties and leaving comments on other posts is a proven way to increase traffic to your blog and grow your blog’s followers! Here are a few rules and suggestions:
- You can link up as many posts as you want.
- Please grab the Booknificent Thursday button and share it somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, bottom, etc.) and please share about this party with any book-lovers you know.
- I’d also really appreciate it if you’d hop over to my Google+ profile or my facebook page and give me a “like” and/or subscribe to receive my blog (just enter your email address up on the sidebar.)
- We do want to keep it family-friendly, so I reserve the right to remove anything I consider offensive.
- And one final rule, please visit AND comment on at least one other linked post if not more.
Happy linking and have a great week!