Welcome to Booknificent Thursday! We are literally surrounded by books today. One of the sad things about living abroad and staying in one place is that it seems you are constantly saying goodbye to people who are moving on. The silver lining is that we almost always end up helping them get rid of their excess stuff which means the books they are getting rid of make their first stop at our house! Look at the piles that got dropped off yesterday!
You can see all the adult fiction in the front, and there are more piles to either side of the picture. But the girls were extremely excited to find the entire series of Daisy Meadows’ Fairy Books. They aren’t my favorite as I tend to avoid magicky stuff, but the girls absolutely love them. They checked them out of the library over and over when we were last in the States!
Even though Bignificent has read them all, she and Middlenificent have sat on the couch reading pretty much all day – despite my attempted distractions of a walk to the beach and painting. Bignificent is flying through them – I think she’s read 25+ books today! And, at last count, Middlenificent was at 8 books. You can see that even the two little ones are joining in the Read-a-Thon!
How about you? Are you getting any summer Read-a-Thons in this year? If you could, what would be in your pile of books?
<div align="center"><a href="http://mommynificent.com/" title="Booknificent Thursdays"><img src="http://mommynificent.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Booknificent-Thursdays.jpg" alt="Booknificent Thursdays" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
And now, it’s time to party! Please link up any posts you have, past or present, about books, reading, and literacy. This link party is all about sharing how books are impacting you! Joining in is easy; just click “Click here to enter…” next to “You are next” and copy/paste the URL of a blog post (not your homepage). Choose a photo to upload and then click some of the other great posts in the party and meet new bloggers and find out about new books!
Why should you link up to Booknificent Thursdays?
Linking up to parties and leaving comments on other posts is a proven way to increase traffic to your blog and grow your blog’s followers! Here are a few rules and suggestions:
- You can link up as many posts as you want.
- Please grab the Booknificent Thursday button and share it somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, bottom, etc.) and please share about this party with any book-lovers you know.
- I’d also really appreciate it if you’d hop over to my Google+ profile or my facebook page and give me a “like” and/or subscribe to receive my blog (just enter your email address up on the sidebar.)
- We do want to keep it family-friendly, so I reserve the right to remove anything I consider offensive.
- And one final rule, please visit AND comment on at least one other linked post if not more.
Happy linking and have a great week!