Happy New Year, friends, and welcome to Booknificent Thursday! I’m so glad you’re here! How many of you made lists of your best reads from 2017? I’d love to see them if you did! I never got around to making a separate one so I thought I’d do a quick round-up right here, affiliate links included in case you want to check them out on Amazon.
Best Books of 2017
Usually, making a list of my five favorite books for the year is really hard for me, but this year, the top three were easy, instant, no thought necessary. I’m only going to count them as one since they are a trilogy, but my absolute best reads of 2017 award goes without hesitation to Jana Kelley’s Side by Side trilogy, which includes Side by Side, Door to Freedom, and Mercy Triumphs. You can see my full review of them here. I found these books life-changing, and I’ll always be grateful I got to read them.
My next favorite of the year has to have been Connilyn Cossette’s Wings of the Wind, which I reviewed here. I’m so excited that her next book comes out in just a few weeks! I’ve already got an ARC of it sitting on my Kindle and I’m frantically trying to get my other promised reviews done so I can read it ASAP.
The next three weren’t hard to choose either, to be honest. In no particular order, these three stood above the crowd of the rest of the books I read this year: Will Not See by Chautona Havig (my review), 12 Days at Bleakly Manor by Michelle Griep (my review), and Think Again: Relief from the Burden of Introspection by Jared Mellinger (my review). (I’m as shocked as you to see a non-fiction book make my top five!)
How about you? I’d love to hear what books you loved this year! If you didn’t make a post to link up, feel free to type your list right into the comments! I’m always looking for my next great read!
Speaking of which, come back next week to see what I’m planning to read in 2018!
And now, it’s time to party! Please link up any posts you have, past or present, about books, reading, and literacy. This link party is all about sharing how books are impacting you! Joining in is easy; just click “Add your link…” and copy/paste the URL of a blog post (not your homepage) and choose a photo. Then make sure to come back to the party and check out some of the other great posts that have been linked up!
Why should you link up to Booknificent Thursdays?
Linking up to parties and leaving comments on other posts is a proven way to increase traffic to your blog and grow your blog’s followers! Here are a few rules and suggestions:
- You can link up as many posts as you want. (I’ll visit all of them, but I may only comment on one or two of them.)
- Please grab the Booknificent Thursday button and share it somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, bottom, etc.) and please share about this party with any book-lovers you know.
- I’d also really appreciate it if you’d hop over to my pinterest, twitter, and/or facebook page and give me a “like” and/or subscribe to receive my blog (just enter your email address up on the sidebar.)
- We do want to keep it family-friendly, so I reserve the right to remove anything I consider offensive.
- And one final rule, please visit AND comment on at least one other linked post if not more.
Happy linking and have a great week!