Hello friends, and welcome to Booknificent Thursday here on Mommynificent.com! I’m so glad you are here!
I’m currently about a third of the way through an ARC I’ll be reviewing here in a few weeks. It’s really well written, and I’m loving the characters, but there’s something that is driving me nuts about it. The book blurb gave away major things that I thought were an introduction and set-up to the story itself, but I’m 35% of the way through the book and I’m still waiting for those things to happen so I can get into the “actual” story! I already know they are coming so there is no suspense at all. I’m just flipping electronic pages and almost skimming because I want to get to the resolution of what I know is going to happen but hasn’t happened yet. It’s maddening!
Those of you who are book reviewers, how would you handle a review in a situation like this? The book is really good, but the blurb has pretty much ruined it for me – or at least the first half of it. Has anything like this happened to you? Please tell me what you did or would do in the comments!
And now, it’s time to party! Please link up any posts you have, past or present, about books, reading, and literacy. This link party is all about sharing how books are impacting you! Joining in is easy; just click “Add your link…” and copy/paste the URL of a blog post (not your homepage) and choose a photo. Then make sure to come back to the party and check out some of the other great posts that have been linked up!
Why should you link up to Booknificent Thursdays?
Linking up to parties and leaving comments on other posts is a proven way to increase traffic to your blog and grow your blog’s followers! Here are a few rules and suggestions:
- You can link up as many posts as you want. (I’ll visit all of them, but I may only comment on one or two of them.)
- Please grab the Booknificent Thursday button and share it somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, bottom, etc.) and please share about this party with any book-lovers you know.
- I’d also really appreciate it if you’d hop over to my pinterest, twitter, and/or facebook page and give me a “like” and/or subscribe to receive my blog (just enter your email address up on the sidebar.)
- We do want to keep it family-friendly, so I reserve the right to remove anything I consider offensive.
- And one final rule, please visit AND comment on at least one other linked post if not more.
Happy linking and have a great week!