Hello, friends, and welcome to Booknificent Thursday at Mommynificent.com! I’m so glad to have you here! This has been a great week with regards to books for me!
First, I came across an unexpected gem on NetGalley in Fetching Sweetness by Dana Mentink. (That’s an affiliate link as are the following links to Amazon.) Since I had already read the first book in the series, I was expecting a fun, light-hearted romantic comedy with maybe a few nods to God and/or Christianity and was delightedly surprised by great character development and some real spiritual depth. The book actually reminded me a few times of one of my all-time favorites, Dear Mr. Knightley, and if you know me at all, you know that means I really liked it! 🙂 Even though Fetching Sweetness is the second book in the Love Unleashed series, they are completely stand-alone books. I really enjoyed both, but I highly recommend the second one for sure!
I also got to read an absolutely delightful ARC from Karen Witemeyer, No Other Will Do, also from NetGalley, and then the cherry on top came when my sister sent me a message that Greensleeves by Eloise Jarvis McGraw, one of our all-time favorite books that has been out of print for a long time, has been reprinted as one of the Nancy Pearl’s Book Crush Rediscoveries on Amazon! Thank you, Nancy Pearl, whoever you are! You are my new best friend! 🙂
I hope you’ve had a great book week as well! I can’t wait to see all the great books and literacy ideas you have to share this week!
And now, it’s time to party! Please link up any posts you have, past or present, about books, reading, and literacy. This link party is all about sharing how books are impacting you! Joining in is easy; just click “Click here to enter…” next to “You are next” and copy/paste the URL of a blog post (not your homepage). Choose a photo to upload and then click some of the other great posts in the party and meet new bloggers and find out about new books!
Why should you link up to Booknificent Thursdays?
Linking up to parties and leaving comments on other posts is a proven way to increase traffic to your blog and grow your blog’s followers! Here are a few rules and suggestions:
- You can link up as many posts as you want. (I’ll visit all of them, but I may only comment on one or two of them.)
- Please grab the Booknificent Thursday button and share it somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, bottom, etc.) and please share about this party with any book-lovers you know.
- I’d also really appreciate it if you’d hop over to my Google+ profile or my facebook page and give me a “like” and/or subscribe to receive my blog (just enter your email address up on the sidebar.)
- We do want to keep it family-friendly, so I reserve the right to remove anything I consider offensive.
- And one final rule, please visit AND comment on at least one other linked post if not more.
Happy linking and have a great week!