Happy New Year’s Eve, everyone, and Happy Booknificent Thursday as well! Another year has come and gone. If I finish the book I’m reading right now tonight, I will have read 107 books this year! Like many of you, I’ve been looking back over the books I read this year and thinking about which ones I enjoyed the most, so I thought I’d share my top ten books of the year. I cheated just a bit by lumping a couple of books in the same series together – I didn’t think you’d mind! 🙂
Mommynificent’s Top Ten Books of 2015
- The HearthLand series by Chautona Havig
- The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill series by Jennifer Beckstrand – I particularly enjoyed books 2 and 3 of this series, as you may remember from my series review.
- A Curious Beginning: A Veronica Speedwell Mystery by Deanna Raybourne – I’m honestly surprised this made my list as I only gave it four stars in my Goodreads review due to some potentially offensive content. The writing is so good though, the characters so vivid, and the story itself so unique, I find it is one of the books I’m still thinking about from this year, so it only seemed fair to include it. Check out my review to see if it might be a good fit for you.
- Dandelions for Dinner and Plum Upside Down by Valerie Comer – These are books 4 and 5 in a series I enjoyed the first three books of in 2014. As I said in my series review, I highly recommend you read the whole series from the beginning.
- Paper Hearts by Courtney Walsh
- Love in Disguise by Carol Cox
- Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good by Jan Karon
- Beyond All Dreams by Elizabeth Camden
- With Every Breath by Elizabeth Camden
- Thou Art With Me and Thy Rod and Thy Staff by Debbie Viguie – These are books 11 and 12 in my much beloved Psalm 23 Mysteries. I always await these books with much anticipation!
Have you made a list of favorite books from this year? If so, I’d love to see it!!! Please link it up or leave me the link in the comments. I love reading these lists! Next week, I’m planning to share my most anticipated reads of 2016! See you then!
<div align="center"><a href="http://mommynificent.com/" title="Booknificent Thursdays"><img src="http://mommynificent.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Booknificent-Thursdays.jpg" alt="Booknificent Thursdays" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
And now, it’s time to party! Please link up any posts you have, past or present, about books, reading, and literacy. This link party is all about sharing how books are impacting you! Joining in is easy; just click “Click here to enter…” next to “You are next” and copy/paste the URL of a blog post (not your homepage). Choose a photo to upload and then click some of the other great posts in the party and meet new bloggers and find out about new books!
Why should you link up to Booknificent Thursdays?
Linking up to parties and leaving comments on other posts is a proven way to increase traffic to your blog and grow your blog’s followers! Here are a few rules and suggestions:
- You can link up as many posts as you want. (I’ll visit all of them, but I may only comment on one or two of them.)
- Please grab the Booknificent Thursday button and share it somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, bottom, etc.) and please share about this party with any book-lovers you know.
- I’d also really appreciate it if you’d hop over to my Google+ profile or my facebook page and give me a “like” and/or subscribe to receive my blog (just enter your email address up on the sidebar.)
- We do want to keep it family-friendly, so I reserve the right to remove anything I consider offensive.
- And one final rule, please visit AND comment on at least one other linked post if not more.
Happy linking and have a great week!