Happy Thursday, book-lovers! How has your week gone? I’ve had the pleasure of two really good books this week, one by a new favorite author, Cathy Marie Hake, and another by an old favorite, Elizabeth Camden! I appreciate these authors for very different reasons. Cathy Marie Hake’s books are light-hearted and hilarious, filled with quirky characters, while Elizabeth Camden’s are more serious historical fiction and usually deal with a previously unknown-to-me facet of history like the opium trade after the American Civil War. I also really enjoy Camden’s depth of characterizations and that many of her characters are quite multi-cultural.
So, if you’re looking for a light-hearted read, I highly recommend Cathy Marie Hake’s Letter Perfect or Forevermore. And if you’re looking for a heartier historical romance, I loved Elizabeth Camden’s The Lady of Bolton Hill and especially Against the Tide! I also really enjoyed Camden’s The Rose of Winslow Street!
<div align="center"><a href="http://mommynificent.com/" title="Booknificent Thursdays"><img src="http://mommynificent.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Booknificent-Thursdays.jpg" alt="Booknificent Thursdays" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
And now, it’s time to party! Please link up any posts you have, past or present, about books, reading, and literacy. This link party is all about sharing how books are impacting you! Joining in is easy; just click “Click here to enter…” next to “You are next” and copy/paste the URL of a blog post (not your homepage). Choose a photo to upload and then click some of the other great posts in the party and meet new bloggers and find out about new books!
Why should you link up to Booknificent Thursdays?
Linking up to parties and leaving comments on other posts is a proven way to increase traffic to your blog and grow your blog’s followers! Here are a few rules and suggestions:
- You can link up as many posts as you want.
- Please grab the Booknificent Thursday button and share it somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, bottom, etc.) and please share about this party with any book-lovers you know.
- I’d also really appreciate it if you’d hop over to my Google+ profile or my facebook page and give me a “like” and/or subscribe to receive my blog (just enter your email address up on the sidebar.)
- We do want to keep it family-friendly, so I reserve the right to remove anything I consider offensive.
- And one final rule, please visit AND comment on at least one other linked post if not more.
Happy linking and have a great week!