Today, I have a yummy treat for you that comes together in minutes! These healthy chocolate chip cookie dough balls are my go-to recipe when I want a healthy treat for myself or the kids. I adapted them from this recipe for real baked cookies so you can bake them if you want, but we think they are WAY better raw!
Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls that are Allergy-Friendly Too?
These are really friendly for a lot of allergies, so I also make them often when we’re getting together with friends who have dietary restrictions. They are gluten-free, grain-free, egg-free, and can be paleo and vegan (soy-free and dairy-free) depending on the chocolate that you use. (I suggest my healthy chocolate.)
You can even dress these up for a party by dipping them in melted chocolate and adding a few sprinkles! They were a favorite at our Christmas open-house this year!
- 2 cups almond meal
- ¼ cup coconut oil, butter, or a combination of the two
- 3 Tablespoons palm sugar, xylitol, or a combination of the two
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips, can be homemade with little to no sugar or dairy
- up to 2 Tbsp water to make them hold together
- optional: 10-15 drops of vanilla stevia - adds extra sweetness and flavor so you can decrease the sugar above if you wish (Check the comments for the link to the kind I use from Amazon. You could also use other flavors!)
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Form into balls. Try not to eat it all while you're making them.
- Store in refrigerator.
- For a fancy treat, you can dip these in melted dark chocolate to make cookie dough truffles. They are delicious!
I hope you enjoy these decadent little treats!