Happy Valentine’s Day! February 14th is actually an auspicious day for our family. My husband proposed to me 11 years ago and our son was born last year, both on February 14th.
This year, February 14th is even more special, as it’s the final day of Chinese New Year which just happens to also be Chinese Valentine’s Day! Our Chinese female friends here in Malaysia are actually a little annoyed to have the two days fall on the same day this year because they say their partners may try to get away with only one gift! 🙂
We are in desperate need of a book clean-out around here so we’ll definitely be participating! I’ve already got a stack of beginning readers ready to go to a friend, but I’m going to see if I can find anything else to share.
You know, International Book Giving Day is a perfect fit for February’s category in my Readers Challenge: Reread a favorite book from a time gone by (your childhood, your college days, the first year of marriage, etc.) and share it with someone you love who is in that phase of life. If you haven’t gotten a chance to sign up for the challenge yet, hurry over and sign up now! I’m planning to post the link-up for February’s books on February 24th.
And now, it’s time to party! As always, I’m open to any family-friendly posts about books as well as about helping others learn to read or improve their reading skills (including adults). Basically, anything literacy-related is fair game.
<div align="center"><a href="http://mommynificent.com/" title="Booknificent Thursdays"><img src="http://mommynificent.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Booknificent-Thursdays.jpg" alt="Booknificent Thursdays" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Please link up any posts you have, past or present, about books, reading, and literacy. This link party is all about sharing how books are impacting you! Joining in is easy; just click “Click here to enter…” next to “You are next” and copy/paste the URL of a blog post (not your homepage). Choose a photo to upload and then click some of the other great posts in the party and meet new bloggers and find out about new books!
Why should you link up to Booknificent Thursdays?
Linking up to parties and leaving comments on other posts is a proven way to increase traffic to your blog and grow your blog’s followers! Here are a few rules and suggestions:
- You can link up as many posts as you want.
- Please grab the Booknificent Thursday button and share it somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, bottom, etc.) and please share about this party with any book-lovers you know.
- I’d also really appreciate it if you’d hop over to my facebook page and give me a “like” and/or subscribe to receive my blog (just enter your email address up on the sidebar.)
- We do want to keep it family-friendly, so I reserve the right to remove anything I consider offensive.
- And one final rule, please visit AND comment on at least one other linked post if not more.
Happy linking and have a great week!