As a family, we do a lot of tangible things to meet the needs of others, but I also want my kids to realize that praying is often the very best thing you can do! Prayer is not a cop-out; it is an action, and a strong action at that. It is a way of giving to the needs we see around us.
When we realize how blessed we are, we want other people to be blessed too. This applies in every area of life! When we are thankful that we have plenty of food, we hate to hear of people who are starving. When we are thankful that we are healthy, we are sad for those who aren’t. When we realize how blessed we are to have a relationship with God, we want others to experience that too. When we recognize the treasure we have in His Word in a language we can read and understand, we want everyone to have access to it.
In this vein of giving out of thankfulness, I want to give you a new printable verse that you can use to decorate for Thanksgiving! This is one of my favorite verses. (To download, right-click on the image below and choose “Save link as…” It is a picture file (.png) so you can print it in any size you wish.)
Would you like to join us for Thanksgiving season? Here are all the posts in this series so far:
- Introductory posts from Mommynificent (includes an updated index!) and Desperate Homeschoolers
- A Canadian Thanksgiving with a free printable of Psalm 9:1
- 5 Ideas to Engage Kids in Praying for the World (over at One Fun Mom)
- A Love Letter to the World with a free Mother Teresa quote printable (over at Desperate Homeschoolers)
- A Malaysian Thanksgiving with a free printable of Psalm 50:23 in multiple languages (coming soon!)
You can join our Facebook communities, Mommynificent and Desperate Homeschoolers, to keep up with our Thanksgiving season happenings! You can also subscribe to receive free emails from Mommynificent and Desperate Homeschoolers in your inbox so you don’t miss a post.
Finally, please share about this series by pinning, sharing on Facebook and Twitter, and linking back to this post! You are welcome to grab the button and share the inspiration!