I thought I’d try something new today and do a joint post for Five Minute Friday and Five for Friday. If you’ve followed my blog for long, you’ll know that Five Minute Friday is hosted by Lisa-Jo Baker, who issues a word prompt every Friday that hundreds of people then write about for five minutes. Well, I recently came across the Five for Friday link-up party at Doodle Bugs Teaching and thought it would be fun to combine the two and see what I come up with. Five for Friday’s rules are simple: just blog about five random things from today or this week. I think I can do that, and the little bit of direction from Lisa-Jo’s word for this week, small, can only help. So here we go:
Five random things about the word “small” in five minutes:
1. I have never felt smaller than I did this week when I found out that my part-time maid is being beaten by her husband. I want to do something, anything, to make this better, to make it stop, and yet, I have so little power. I can hug her, I can pray, but I can’t make her report him. I can’t make her protect herself. I can’t make her call the numbers I give her. I feel so small. But doing something small is better than doing nothing, so I’m hugging and praying all I can this week!
2. Small people are quite possibly my favorite thing about life on this earth. I just can’t get enough of my little guy’s mushy kisses. He has taken to grabbing my face and pulling it to his and giving me the wettest, slobberiest kisses ever. I love it!
3. Small three year olds can make really big noises. Enough said, perhaps? (But #2 still applies, even when she is driving me bonkers, at which time #4 and #5 come into play!)
4. A small piece of chocolate can literally make everything better, for a few minutes at least. And then I realize that #5 is the only way to go.
5. A small bit of time spent in prayer is even better than chocolate. I feel so small at all the pain and trouble on this earth, and yet I know One who is so much bigger, One who can actually do big things, and He wants to talk and listen to small me.
Well, my time is up. I hope these few random glimpses into my life this week are fun and maybe encouraging for you. Have a great weekend!